The attachment between teeth and gums is not a rigid one. Gums support the teeth, and the tooth’s root is fixed in the gum socket by periodontal ligaments. In this article, we will talk about receding gums causes and how to reverse receding gums naturally? Between the gums and the teeth, there is a V- shaped gap known as the calculus; it is this gap which is affected by receding disease, which causes the tooth supporting tissue to breakdown.
If the gum tissue is affected only, the condition is referred to as gingivitis, if the gum connecting tissue and supporting bones of the teeth are damaged, then the condition is known as gums disease.
Dental plaque is the main cause of receding gums; this bacterial film adheres to the surface of the gums and teeth and is not easily removed by usual teeth cleaning. The bacteria in the plaque give out toxins which cause injury to the gum tissue.
The plaque will build up on these surfaces and turn into a hard substance called tartar, and once the tartar develops the only method of removal is by having the teeth cleaned by a dentist.
Causes Associated With Gums Disease And Receding Gum:
– Diabetes can worsen the periodontal disorder. Poor healing of the gum tissue and a larger degree of loss of the connective tissue between tooth and gum is far more likely if the blood sugar level is not controlled.
– Cigarette smoking hurts the oral tissue because of a reduced immune response level. Smokers have seven times greater chance of developing gum disease than nonsmokers.
– Certain changes in both hormone level and activity can make people more prone to gum disease. Stress and pregnancy can cause such hormonal changes.
– There are medicines which may be being used for other medical conditions, which can make a person more susceptible to oral infection and gum disease. Medicines for the treatments of blood pressure, steroid drugs, and anticonvulsants can all affect the gums. Any drug which can reduce the flow of saliva leading to dry mouth will also increase the risk of gum infection.
Symptoms Of Gum Diseases Receding Gums:
– Halitosis (bad breath), swelling and bleeding of the gums.
– In the more severe form of gingivitis, ANUG, or Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis, tenderness and soreness of the gums are common along with a white deposit on the gums, which requires antibiotic treatment for its removal.
– Bacterial agents and toxins from enzymes released by the immune system combine to attack the gum connective tissue and the bones which support the teeth.
– The roots of the teeth can be exposed due to the recession of the gums. Holes may appear in the teeth and may be sensitive to touch.
– In the space pocket between the gum and the tooth, tartar will have established a hold within the deepened gum pocket and will be difficult to remove, encouraging bacterial activity.
– Due to the recession of the gums, the teeth tend to lose their support and become loose in the gums
If the condition has reached this stage, then urgent dental treatment is required, and perhaps if the oral situation is beyond the usual tartar cleaning methods of scaling, and root planing, then oral surgery may be necessary.
Alternative Treatment To Reverse Receding Gums Naturally:
Yarrow Leaves To Reverse Receding Gums
The yarrow is commonly called willow grass, millet, feather flower, carpenter’s grass. The juice from its leaves and stem can stop bleeding. Many American tribes chew the leaves as a remedy for receding gums, as well as a host of other diseases. The anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory and pain killer results of yarrow can help with the recession of gums.
The easiest method to use yarrow would be to chew leaves and stems if you have access to a fresh source. Crush the leaves or grind them to form a paste and use it for gum massages. VISIT HERE
You can also make yarrow tea to gargle. Pour boiling water over a handful of fresh yarrow flowers or 1-2 tablespoons of this dry herb and let it soak for 15-20 minutes. Strain and drink when the tea has cooled.
If you do not want to try the herb, you can use the essential oil of yarrow. This blue oil is very powerful, so you can mix a few drops of coconut oil or other carrier oil before using it as gum paint and regrow receding gums naturally.
Naturessmile Gum Balm: Natural Receding Gum Treatment
Medical treatment is painful and pricey, but the all-natural method Naturessmile Gum balm is comfortable and inexpensive. It has seven herbs: Oak, Silver Fir, Pine tree carotene extract, Chamomile, Yarrow, Saint John’s Wort, Greater Celandine, Nettle.
Nature’s Smile Gum Balm is world’s best natural way to regrow receding gums without spending money on expensive gum implant treatment. Just brush twice a day using thick Ns gum balm and see awesome results in a few weeks.